Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Weekend in Joshua Tree

Martino and I had a great weekend in Joshua Tree National Park. We stayed in this great little place, Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway. I swear, it looks like I may have helped decorate the place... rooms with very colorful walls, Mexican pottery all over the place, and hidden little ceramic creatures peeking out from all corners of the beautiful grounds.

I am not sure if this is early but it seems to me the flowers are just starting to take off. Anyway- the washes are pretty colorful with small wildflowers and it looks like the ocotillo is already blooming in the south, and just budding in the north end of the park.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the desert? Here's a few pictures from the collection on http://www.susanweber.shutterfly.com:




...rock designs...



























...Driving into Spin and Margie's....






...desert wash starting to "come alive"....

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin O. Garcia said...

As beautiful as you, my Sweets!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home